A number of new COVID-19 grants designed to support businesses have been rolled out over the past couple of months, however navigating through these tough times, and potentially dealing with the impact of lost or reduced monthly revenue, will still continue to challenge businesses. This is highlighted within the lastest funding scheme, as it is more important than ever for SMEs to obtain the expert advice required to help them get back on track.
As part of the scheme, small and medium sized businesses in England will be able to apply for grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 to help them access new technology and other equipment as well as professional, legal, financial or other advice to help them recover and rebuild.
Activities supported through the £20 million of funding must be to directly respond to the impact of COVID-19.
These can include:
- one-to-many events providing guidance to respond to coronavirus
- small grants to:
- help businesses access specialist professional advice e.g. human resources, accountants, legal, financial, IT / digital, and
- purchase minor equipment to adapt or adopt new technology in order to continue to deliver business activity or diversify.
- 28 February 2021, all grants will be awarded by this date.
- 31 March 2021, all activity must be completed by this date.
Applications for the funding are set to be administered by the 38 Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) across the UK. The full list of LEPs can be found here
Please contact your local LEP for details of how to apply for the funding, which is set to be available in the coming months.
If you wish to contact us for more information and advice on COVID-19 grants, head over to our contact page to schedule in a call with a member of our expert team.