Here’s what you need to know about the Eat Out to Help Out scheme and how to register your restaurant or establishment now the registration is LIVE.
You can use the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme to offer a discount to diners and encourage them to eat at your restaurant.
You can use the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme:
- all day, every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 3 to 31 August 2020
- to offer a 50% discount, up to a maximum of £10 per person, to diners for food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in
- to claim the money back from the government
There is no limit to the number of times customers can use the offer during the period of the scheme. Your customers cannot get a discount for someone who is not eating or drinking.
Who can register
You can register if your establishment:
- sells food for immediate consumption on the premises
- provides its own dining area or shares a dining area with another establishment for eat-in meals
- was registered as a food business with the relevant local authority on or before 7 July
You cannot register:
- an establishment that only offers takeaway food or drink
- catering services for private functions
- a hotel that provides room service only
- dining services (such as packaged dinner cruises)
- mobile food vans or trailers
What you’ll need
To register, you must have:
- your Government Gateway ID and password (if you do not have one, you can create one when you register)
- the name and address of each establishment to be registered, unless you are registering more than 25
- the UK bank account number and sort code for the business (only provide bank account details where a BACS payment can be accepted)
- the address on your bank account for the business (this is the address on your bank statements)
You may also need your:
- VAT registration number (if applicable)
- employer PAYE scheme reference number (if applicable)
- Corporation Tax or Self Assessment unique taxpayer reference
If you are registering 25 establishments or less, you must provide the details of each.
Registrations for the scheme are now live via the link here
You will be registered instantly and will receive a registration reference number – you will need this when you claim the reimbursement.
You can download promotional materials to help you promote the scheme and let your customers know that you’re taking part.
You’ll be added to a list of registered establishments that will be available to the public.
If you want to be removed from the list of registered establishments, you should contact HMRC who will remove you manually. This is not immediate, so you must tell customers that you are no longer offering the discount.
For more information on the scheme please follow the link here
We are also here to help, please give our expert team a call now on 0330 22 33 660 and we will be happy to assist.